Here's what happened:
- I finished Rookwar. Which means I'm done with the entire Casting the Bones trilogy, which is the first novel trilogy I've completed. Rookwar itself clocked in at just under 110k words (after editing), which makes it roughly 20k words longer than either of the other two. I still don't know what happened. That's just the length it felt like it had to be. Release is still December as of now. I really cut it close so that might change.
- I kept working on Untitled Kae Book. It still has no title. I think I'm about halfway through it. There's a lot about it that I'm still not sure of. Onward.
- I submitted three short stories. Got a very lovely no on one I sent out a couple months back (I mean that, really good Rs are almost as good as acceptances, at least to me) and another nice R on another, and am waiting to hear back on the other two.
- I finished two short stories. I think I like one. Not so sure about the other. I'm thinking that one of my current story problems is that not enough happens in them.
- "Singing With All My Skin and Bone", which is probably the most personal story I've ever written, came out in Nightmare. I look forward to the day when I feel comfortable reading this one aloud in front of people. It might be a while.
- I went to the Baltimore Book Festival and had a great time. I read, I hung out, I met new friends, I got to be on great panels with great people. It was a time.
- I started freelance editing. I have no idea how this will go. I hope it will go well.
- Coming in October: Capclave. And not much else, at least nothing solid yet on the radar. Watch for news.
This entry was originally posted (with comments) at my Dreamwidth.